Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Man Within book review

The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)Author: Lora Leigh
Series: Feline Breeds book 2
Star Rating out of 5: 3 stars



I know, I know some of you may think my star rating for this book is low but it fits how I feel the book was at for me. I love the breeds i have loved them since my first glimpse of Cabal St. Laurents in Coyotes Mate. Yes, I did read the books out of order but once I realized that they had an order I read Bengals Heart then read the books as I found them at the books store. So which ever was available at the time I read. Therefore, I never got the chance to read her much earlier books from Ellora's Cave. I had read all of her newest books first. Which brings me to my rating. I don't feel that this book is as great as her newer work which is good because it shows she is growing in writing. I felt that there was not enough story line besides the mating. Yes, I know the mating is extremely important because that's what ties our two main characters together. However, you really didn't get a sense at who was breaching the grounds and what they truly wanted. Did they want Merinus and Roni or did they just want one or the other? I got the meanign and the jist of the story but it didn't make me love the chracter's like I fellt for Cabal , Merc, and Cassie in the newest books.


Roni (Veronica) grew up learning how to fend for herself since her mother passed away and her dad was a deadbeat. Through most of her teen years there had always been one constant in her life Taber Matthews. Her knight and shining armor. The story starts off with a scene from for years prior to when the actual main story picks up. We get to see the attraction between the two and then bam something happens. Then picks up four years later when Merinus and Callan announce to the world about the breeds that had been created. Soon Roni is caught up with press and is swept away by the breeds and brought back to the mansion that they were given to by the government. As time goes by we learn new bits and pieces about what happened, how things happened and much more that would ruin the story if I just give it away.


Roni, I feel is headstrong, she can be smart but an idiot at the same time. As most breed mates feel she also feels. As if she has been forced with this heat. She wished that there was a cure to it all. You can tell she loves Taber but it takes her a long while to get over her past and move on with the present. Though she is selfless, she would give her life up for Merinus in a heart beat. This shows heart and courage since she hasn't know the woman long. All in all she is not that bad of a female just not my favorite :)!

Taber is an alpha male who likes things his way or no way. He will do anything in his power to have it his way. Even if it includes pissing off his mate Roni. I liked him because he put her first. Even if it means pissing her off and keeping her in the house.


I recommend this book because in order to get a feel for all the characters in a series where they are continuously popping up you must read all the books. Even if that includes the much earlier ones that are much harder and more expensive to find. Not to mention Mercury, Cabal, Tanner, Dawn, and Seth all make appearances this this book. Foreshadowing what books will be coming up in the future of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment