Friday, August 24, 2012

Once Bitten Book Review

Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)Author: Trina M. Lee
Series: Alexa O'Brien, Huntress Series
Star rating: 4 stars

I found this book on Amazon as a free read. As most free reads I am skeptical of whether or not it will be good or lack a plot. This is another writer who has slowly changed my views. Not only did it have plot but the feelings that the writer brought up in me were crazy. I felt, lust, hate, anger, love, sadness, and many more emotions.

The story revolves around a werewolf named Alexa who was changed when she was just a little girl who watched her parents die. She survived the change from the bite the wolf left her with. Later on in the series we find out who this wolf is and the reasons behind it. Though it's no9t till the very end of the book. I on the other hand had my suspicions throughout the book and needless to say I was right about who it was. Throughout the book there are dead lover's of her former Alpha's showing up and no one knows who is doing it. On the side of this Alexa is drawn to Arys a vampire who hold power. Their relationship is complicated as well as her relationship with pack mate Shaz.


Let me start off with saying I wish Arys was a real person if I had that type of connection with someone I would not let it go. Not ever for a wolf I thought I was in love with. No way no how. Yes he has a deep and dark past but what vampire doesn't? I mean honestly. Yes, he has his fair share of women but that is in the nature of all supernatural beings. You can tell he cares for Alexa the first time you meet him in the bar. The way he watches her, the way he wants her, not to mention the fact he always wants to come to her rescue. But because Alexa doesn't really want a relationship he is willing to back off. I mean really he couldn't get any better....

Now let me go onto Shaz, pack mate and white wolf. They have know each other for a long while. He has been in love with her from the beginning. He is a bit bland though for me. I just don;t see what she sees in him to make her want him mow that Arys. Yes, Shaz is a nice guy with a good heart and is a wolf. If it were me it would not be enough though.

Alexa, Alexa, Alexa, what am I going to do with you? She made me want to punch her so many times it was ridiculous. I can't even put into words how I feel about her because it is so mixed. I wish she would just pick one guy (arys) and put the other one out of his misery. You shouldn't string two men along. It's not nice. Frankly she is already tied to one man in more ways than one so that should be the choice!!!

I can't really go into details anymore without giving away crucial points about the characters. It would just ruin it. I enjoyed this book and look forward to the second in this series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment