Sunday, August 26, 2012

Disney characters


 

http://s1.favim.com/orig/23/beast-beauty-beauty-and-the-beast-belle-disney-Favim.com-214542.jpg
Beauty and the Beast Wallpaper - beauty-and-the-beast WallpaperThere is a day in almost every little girls life when she is first introduced to her first love. Usually these involve Disney characters when we are younger. Most fall for Prince Charming but I on the other hand fell for the Beast.

Yes, most would say this is unhealthy to be in love with some fictional character who was a larger version of a wolf for most of the movie. I say that is was just foreshadowing my love for those characters who are a little extra different from the rest of us.
 

Beauty and the Beast Wallpaper - beauty-and-the-beast WallpaperI remember the first time I saw Beauty and the Beast. We still had VHS tapes and had to watch them on our tiny tube tv's. I cried when Gaston stabbed Beast in his side and then fell over the ledge. I was amazed by how much strength he had left to crawl back up the side of the castle to Belle. Belle helping him to the ground and how she tells him she loves him and a single tear falls down her cheek on to Beast and gives him a kiss as he breathed his last breath. By now I am bawling my eyes out asking my mom how can they kill him. You have Miss Potts, Chip, Lumiere, Cogsworth all looking on saddened that the spell would never be broken. Then a miracle happens, sparks start shooting onto the terrace and Beast is magically little up and light came out of his body and he turns back into a human. As a child my heart was pounding so hard and I couldn't stop shouting how amazing that is and that magic is a powerful thing. That Belle and Beast will have their happy ever after. That moment of transition is still the most magical moment to me even as an adult. I still love this move and will forever until the end of time. When I have a daughter that will be the first Disney movie she will see.




http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1700000/Beauty-the-Beast-beauty-and-the-beast-1712997-960-540.jpgAs an adult I feel that the movie also teaches you a lot. Such as don't just people by their appearances. They are very deceiving. Always try to look beyond it because you can always find something good about a person. Also for girls Belle projected a girl who loved reading which showed being smart is a good thing. It also means that she didn't have to settle for someone such as Gaston who only saw her as eye candy rather than a smart intellectual female. Belle is the ultimate "I don't need to depend on a male" female when it comes to Disney characters. Not put down Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping beauty and Ariel but those characters actually needed saving. Big time saving by their prince charming's. However, Belle didn't need to so much. The only time she needed saving was when the wolves attacked but even them she took care of Beast after he was deeply injured and then she went to save him again when the villagers attacked. This was very appealing to me as a little girl and still is.


There are times when I wish they would make a movie of Beast and Belle with kids. I would have loved to see how it all turned out. But that's just the hopeless romantic in me. Always wanting to know where it ended up.

  This was my favorite movie. Who was your first love? Did that movie foreshadow what you now read? I am only talking about Disney character's not human movies. Maybe later on I will go into my love for the movie "The Crow" with Brandon Lee but not right now.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment