Sunday, August 19, 2012

Golden Lily Review from Goodreads Date June 13th, 2012

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stupid computer. I had this long review and now it is gone. So since I don't remember what I said I will give a short review.

I was never a big fan of Rose and Dmitri so therefore I feel Bloodlines will surpass Vampire Academy in my opinion. Especially with all the obstacles Sydney and Adrian will have to overcome to be with each other. They have to get past the mental shields and teaching Sydney was corrupted with as a child. Adrian will have to slowly break her barriers to reach her. Sydney will have to overcome so many fears. Fears of using magic. Fears of how she feels about Adrian. She has so much to break through. Most of it will be mental. With Adrian it will be showing her how she can slowly overcome it by helping her little by little.

First off I did not like Brayden he was boring and doesn't understand that with Sydney her "family" comes first. And with that him saying she is irresponsible was him just being an even bigger idiot. The fact that he couldn't see past the inconsistencies and see that she was beautiful in her costumes made me dislike him even more. I could not believe Sydney would continue to date him even though she couldn't understand why she didn't feel any sparks.


Anyways. My love for Adrian grew 100x more in this book. Adrian showed me how much of a great guy he is in this book. From the way he slowly hints to Sydney she is beautiful to the way he defends her when she feels she doesn't want to do anything.

Sydney you can tell has a thing for Adrian she just doesn't even realize it because she is to naive. I feel though that once she gets away from her fears and interacts more with her "family" she will be a hard person to mess with.

Anyways, I don't know what more to say other than the last chapter of the book is the most amazing aside from the scene where they are driving back from seeing Adrian's father. I loved this book more than the first. Can't wait for the next.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment