Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Born of Ashes Book Review

Born of Ashes (The World of Ascension #4)Author: Caris Raone
Series: The world of Ascension
Star Rating: 3



Don't get me wrong I enjoy this series but this book was not on the level the others were. It was still a good book in it's own right but I had hoped for more.


The series picks up where the last book leaves off almost. When Fiona and Jean-Pierre meet in the hospital for the first time. This book deals with the trauma Fiona suffer's at Rith's hands. As we found out in the previous book Fiona was drained of her blood to death and then repeatedly brought back to life. Also known as dying blood and is highly addictive. The trauma she suffered follows her everywhere including into her new relationship. This is what made the book hard to get through. She is very resistant to everything. I don't blame her it's not her fault but it was very frustrating at times. Especially when I feel that if she just let's go she would feel much better.

Jean-Pierre was also hurt in the past by a loved one. This prevent's him from fully opening himself up to Fiona the way he should. He was a trooper giving the space and time that Fiona needed even when it hurt him in the process.


In the end there is love, bloodshed, revenge, exploration, new found gift's and lots of love to be had in this book. I enjoyed the ending very much.

The next book Thorne and Marguerite will be interesting. We did get to see quite a bit of them in this book. I have a feeling though I am going to want to knock Marguerite out though.

We also got to see more of Endelle. I can't wait for her book in the end. It will be quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment