Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dreamless(Starcrossed #2) Book Review

Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed
Star Rating out of 5: 4 stars


I enjoyed this book much more than the first book Starcrossed. However there were parts that just frustrated me and wanted to slap some of the characters for idiocy.

This story picks up a couple days after the aftermath the what happened in the previous book with the big fight that led to deaths and a towns destruction. In this story Helen descends into the Underworld to try to help the Furies and break the age of curse of the four family houses. The curse is a blood feud each time a person of the opposite house sees each other they feel the furies hatred and try to kill each other. The only way to end this is by helping the furies in the underworld. This pretty much takes place throughout the entire book. We meet new characters. Orion who is the Heir to two houses, Morpheus, then we also meets some others who are the bad guys. Also throughout the book we see Helen and Lucas fighting their need to be with each other and also coming into some more unknown powers. We also find out that something said in the previous book is not true. This is what really pissed me off the most. I wanted to slap the person.

Let me tell you though people may be pulling for Lucas and Helen but I am pulling for Orion and Helen. When we meet Orion in the book I immediately fell for him. There just something so much more about him that I liked. He treats Helen wonderfully and will do anything to help and protect her. Others will probably tell that Lucas will too and their situation is sad and that's the reason why they should be together. If Orion doesn't get to be with her then I hope I get to see his book next!!

PS: Morpheus..... Yum the dream god.

Sorry for such a short review. I did enjoy this book. I liked that we meet some many more characters. We get to see their powers evolve in this book. We also see new information revealed. For this I cannot talk about or it will ruin the book. I highly recommend reading this sequel. Can't wait for the next one.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment