Sunday, September 9, 2012

American Assassin Book Review

American Assassin (Mitch Rapp #1)Author: Vince Flynn
Series: Mitch Rapp Book 1
Stars: 4 stars


I must say I have been sitting on this series for four years. My boyfriend loves these books. I heard they were making this into a movie and thought I need to read it before it ever comes out. Plus it would give me something to talk to my boyfriend about. He has been trying to get me to read these books forever and since I was in the mood for something new last week I gave this a try. I have to say the writing style I had to get used to. When changes POV's he doesn't break like female authors would when switching between female and male views. Instead they are kinda jumbled so sometimes I had to reread the paragraph to figure out who is talking. Other than this small setback I enjoy the story.

I have to say I am glad I did. The humor is great. The American men are awesome. I love Mitch Rapp. I do wish I could slap him sometimes for not using common sense in some situations such as when he meets a friend of Hurley's granddaughter and what transpires from there. He didn't really think much with his head but that's to be expected of a 23 year whether your an assassin or not. Other than those couple of times I thought Rapp was smart, and methodical. He really gave his instructors a run for their money. Especially Hurley who didn't really think much of him. Throughout the book we learn more about the terrorists who have the american hostages and then men who are the american assassins targets. We meet a lot of characters and I am looking forward to learning more about them hopefully in the next books.

I don't normally post quotes from books but I will post this one. It made me laugh a lot when I read it.
"You going to take a swing at me Victor? Rapp egged the big man on. He was ready to end this now. " What's wrong... your mom the neighborhood slut when you were growing up... she didn't hold you enough when you were little? She let ever guy she met suck on her tit except you?"

I know the quote is highly inappropriate from some to read but I mean come on guys say some pretty screwed up stuff to egg other guys on. That includes saying vile things about moms. LMFAO. There are other paragraphs later on where they are talking about a banker in Germany and the way Hurley describes him also made me laugh a lot.

Though I would like to caution, if you are not big on reading interrogation techniques I would say read really quickly. Otherwise it's not too bad but some will make you cringe and be thankful your not in that position. At least it gets the job done. Unfortunately in this book it was on the wrong team.

I recommend this book. It's not just for men. I recommend women read it as well.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment