Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bluegrass State of Mind Book Review

Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass, #1)Author: Kathleen Brooks
Series: A Bluegrass Novel
Star Rating out of 5: 4 stars


I found this book on Barnes and Nobles website as a free read. I am so glad that I downloaded it. It is lighthearted, fun, but also a mix of the danger.


This book revolves around Attorney McKenna Mason who has just witnessed a major crime and is now on the run. Leaving everything she knows. She winds up in Keeneston looking for a job and an old friend from her childhood. Throughout the book we find out little by little what drove her to the small town.

The book is from only one person's point of view and also just so everyone know there is no sex scenes. I know, I know, sad but it is also good because even with the little intimate moments leading up to the moment you know it's going to happen. I feel that this book was wonderful how it was written. So if you are looking for those explicit sex scenes you will not find it in this book.

Also what made me love the book even more is that the character grew up in my hometown of Liverpool, NY just outside of Syracuse. It's not often that you find author's that have heard of those little town's in upstate NY let alone create a character from those parts. That made this book that much more special to me.

I love Kenna because she is a strong female character and a kick ass attorney who will know men right off their feet in the courtroom. Just like she knocks her childhood friend Will Aston's socks off. She may have run but she had her reasons to keep low until the time is right.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series about Mo and Danielle!!

A must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment