Friday, September 28, 2012

Bound (Arelia La Rue Novel #1) Book Review

Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)Author: Kira Saito
Series: Arelia LaRue Novel #1
Star rating out for 5: 2 stars


I found this book on Barnes and Noble another free read. I am mixed on how I feel. I feel that it could have had much more potential.

The story plot is about a sixteen year old girl who is on summer vacation and takes a job at one of Louisana's plantation that is notoriously haunted. Arelia does not go alone though she ends up going with her best friend Sabrina. During the course of the weeks at the plantation she learns about her history and who and why she is the way she is. Thre is a set task for her and she has to figure out if she is strong enough to handle it. 



My biggest issue with the book was Sabrina. Sabrina is rich spoiled little brat who at sixteen in searching for a husband already. She feels she in entitled to whatever she wants regardless. What makes it worse is that the book is just filled with tension and you just know that the main character will be walking on egg shells throughout the book when meeting Arelia's best friend.

Otherwise I felt this book could have been so much more. I know that there is always going to be someone we hate in a book but it was to the point where I almost threw my nook across the room. I felt Arelia and the dark and dangerous Lucas have so much chemistry even though we never really got to see them actually together except for those rare moments. Arelia has self esteem issues it seems like. It's as if she feels that she is not entitled to anything when it's sitting right in front of her. Lucas well I like him but I can't give to much away about him.


I am debating if I should read the second book. I will have to think on that. I would give it a go maybe other readers will enjoy it more. I think this is also more a teen book rather than someone my age. However I must say I do love my YA!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment