Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cry Wolf(alpha omega graphic novel) Review

Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Graphic Novel, Vol 1)Author: Patricia Briggs
Adapter: David Lawrence
Illustrator: Jordan Gunderson

Series: Alpha & Omega Graphic novel
Star rating out of 5: 3 stars



I love this book series. When I heard they were making it into a graphic novel I was excited. I already fell in love with The Mercedes Thompson Graphic novels and book series I thought that this would be just a great. However I was a bit disappointed.

 The adaption was great it followed the book along great. The cover artwork is amazing. I feel it captures how I saw Anna perfectly. However when it actually came to the story telling artwork that's when I felt the artwork was a bit juvenile. It was nowhere near a well done as the Mercedes Thompson artwork. I know its a different illustrator but however I thought they would have been able to find someone on the same scale. The characters don't look anywhere near how I imagined them. They look very unattractive. Trust they can make characters very good looking in comics/graphic novels. I will say this though it wasn't too bad I just hope the art progresses in the next one.

Despite the artwork downfall I still recommend it if you are a fan of the books. It's nice to see some of the scenes come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment