Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bared To You Book Review

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)Author: Sylvia Day
Series: Crossfire
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


I will begin by saying that I did not like 50 Shades of Gray at all. I felt the writing was juvenile. When this was recommended to those who love 50 Shades of Gray I was skeptical and sat on buying it for a long while. I know that Sylvia Day is a seasoned writer. This is the first book of hers that I have read. That is what she had going for her and what made me decide I was going to read it.

I have to say I enjoyed this book. I really like how the characters are well developed and the background stories are actually there. The words are not just thrown on a page. I also like how the characters sound grown up rather than as if they were still in middle school not knowing what to do with their sexuality.

Eva is a strong female who has a painful past and has a hard time trusting others. However when she loves she loves to the fullest extent. She does stuff I don't agree with especially in certain situations she should know could have happened. Instead of walking out a door she could have used her words instead of her feet to do the talking. I wanted to slap her certain parts and in others I wish I could have hugged and been her friend.

Gideon, Gideon, Gideon. Sexy Tall, Dark and Dangerous. This man is full of seduction, danger, possessiveness  passion, and demons. What i mean by demons is that he as well has a painful past. I love this man. I felt a connection to him. When something was revealed in the book I wanted to cry for him. To love him and take away his pain.

I have to make another comparison. Unlike 50 Shades of Gray this story actually focuses on the characters and not the DOM/SUB story. Heck, that isn't even really revealed till the last six or seven chapters. The sex is hot in the book but again not the main story. To me the main story is how these two damaged souls can learn to trust one another and grow together. This is what makes the book great.

I recommend this book. If you have not read this book, read this book and skip 50 shades of Gray. This one will take you to new heights. Not to mention the banter between Gideon and Eva is hilarious.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment